Wednesday, February 27

Merrick's Lego Party

I will tell you, boy parties are way harder than girl parties. Merrick's party exhausted me. 9 boys at my house was enough for the rest of my life. :) It was amazing to me how different the two parties were, boys are crazy.

I love having a theme and going crazy with it ... 
It is also fun to just find decorations around our house to use to for the party. Everything you see was in our house. The streamers, the legos, the baby food jars turned lego heads, the paper bags, the paper for the hats...



Alot of these ideas came from pinterest, and were so easy...
The favors were supposed to be the baby jars painted with one of the "secret"- open - see - what - you - get mini lego figures, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so last minute I bought lemon jello and cleaned out more (meat) baby food jars and filled them with jello!

 We played Pin the Head on the Lego Man. I had fun drawing the different lego faces...

(Lady Lips was Berkleigh. She was the only girl at the party.)

In to the other room ...
Is where are the Legos were. 
These are not our Legos. 
We have some friends that are clearly OBSESSED with Legos and we borrowed the blocks from them.
These are just the Legos from their childhood, the kids have their own now, and they have them built and up in their house. Seriously this is barely touching the amount of Legos the Parkers have...
and I am thankful for them because it made the party better!



We played Musical Legos. They had to stay at a station and build, when they heard the music, they moved and when the music stopped they had to start building where they were. We had some interesting creations!

We had some relay races with legos..


A piƱata...
(Again, thank you Rachel!)


Lego head cake with lego candles...

And presents, which I am pretty sure Merrick has the best "opening presents" faces.



And that is the conclusion of the craziest birthday party weekend ever.
I think if Merrick's party was first I would have thrown in the towel early. 
Little boys are crazy! :)

I love my Merrick and I love that he loves Legos and wants to be a builder when he grows up.
I can't believe he is 6.

3 love notes:

RaeAnn said...

So why didn't Tyson hold onto the pinata for the boys like he did for the girls? HaHa.... Love it all...especially the legos hanging from the ceiling...so creative!!! SO what are you going to do for next year!!! ;)
Love ya!!!

Jenny said...

Pretty sure I've seen you make that opening presents face haha. You are crazy to attempt both in one weekend! Bit so nice to do separate ones for them.

Sally said...

You are seriously awesome. Those were some cool parties and some lucky kids to have you for a mom!