Friday, July 13

a decade

Tyson and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary yesterday.

Here we are on July 12, 2002:

Here we are on July 12, 2012:

Tyson's new associate and family volunteered to babysit our kids, and so we took off into the sunset for a nice dinner and dessert. We were supposed to go on some amazing vacation together, but we knew we were going to be buying a practice... so we chose to take the kids to CA with us, drop them off at my in laws and stay at a beach cottage in Crystal Cove. Well, plans change. Tyson got a new calling in church, and is the Scout leader. He has to go on the High adventure with the Scouts. It is the week that we were supposed to be in CA, so I am going with the twins to visit, and we will just go to Costa Rica next year with our friends instead.

We thought, he we have been married for 10 years, we need to eat somewhere fancy!
So we picked this restaurant called Bently's. 
It wasn't good.
We realized we aren't fancy dinner people.
We would have rather gone to Willamette Burger Company and noshed on some excellent burgers than eat expensive food that you don't get much of.

While at dinner though, we wrote out all the things we have done in our 10 years of marriage...
I never thought that in just 10 years we would go from poor college students to owning our own thriving medical practice.
What a run...
Wanna know?

2002-2003
MARRIED! Jen graduated from BYU.
Managed apartments.

2003-2004
Jen's first year of teaching Kindergarten.
Tyson graduated from BYU.
Managed apartments.

2004-2005
Moved to Walnut Creek, CA
Tyson started Medical School
Jen taught a 4/5 Combo

2005-2006
Podiatry School
Traveled 20,000 miles in one summer : 
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ketchican, Alaska
Oahu, Hawaii
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hannibal, Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri
Springfield, Missouri
Nauvoo, Illinois

2006-2007
Pregnant with Twins
Had twins!
Podiatry School

2007-2008
Traveled for Podiatry School rotations
Arizona, Texas, California
Tyson graduated from Podiatry School!!

2008-2009
Moved to Huntington Beach, CA
Started residency

2009-2010
Lived it up at the Beach!
(Sometimes I wish I took more advantage of living in such a beautiful place, and then sometimes I think, "I did take advantage of living in such a beautiful place."
Residency

2010-2011
Got pregnant with Quincy!
Residency

2011-2012
Quincy!!!
Moved to Oregon for our first "big boy job"!
Bought a medical practice!
(This year was crazy, and although exciting, I don't want to do that much in one year again.)

We have had a great 10 years! I look forward to the next 10 years!
He is the peanut butter to my jelly, my partner in crime, the man of my dreams, my main squeeze, my McDreamy, my companion, the father of my children, my best friend, and my love.
Sharing a gelato crepe. 

6 love notes:

The Maughans said...

Just thinking about Costa Rica next year almost relaxes me, and I'm so glad you tried the Gelato Crepe!

Chris S. said...

Woot woot!

Jenny said...

That's an impressive 10 years! You guys haven't changed a bit!

Sheryl said...

Congrats on 10 years!! Can't wait to see what you'll do to gather in the next 10 years :)

Sheryl said...

*together

Geez...I must be tired.

Kristy said...

10 years! Woot woot! Congrats. You two are awesome. I hope that Tom and I will be as cool as you and Tyson when we are married 10 years.

Costa Rica sounds awesome!