Wednesday, March 24

Satisfying and Unsatisfying...

Yesterday was Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's. We enjoyed ourselves some! It was delicious. There is something satisfying about walking into a store, getting something, and walking out without having to pay... (without stealing!)
It only took us like 10 minutes to go from the end of the line to getting our icecream. Not bad! I have waited longer at 31 flavors, and I don't even love it!


The UNSATISFYING thing... starting Potty Training today!!!
Wish me luck!
Any advice?
Anyone done two kids at the same time?
I am in for it! :)
Stay tuned for the accidents and the successes.
I am sure there will be plenty. :)

8 love notes:

Erin and Daryl said...

OH ICE CREAM! Good luck on the potty training. I just know that you sit them on that baby potty, in the mornings, afternoons and night....two of them, good luck. Sorry, I wouldn't know about that. As soon as I'm potty training Taylor I'll let you know, because I'm sure Zen won't know how to go potty on his own by that time...good luck. Oh Zen likes to look at magazines while he's on the pot, just for a suggestion:)

Laura said...

hmmm, potty training two, good luck. i am sure you will get lots of advice. my advice is plan on not going anywhere for at least 3 days and put them on the toilet every hour. i did a sticker chart for chase, which really helped. good luck!

RaeAnn said...

OOOhhh! Good Luck,Jen. We use to turn on the water and let it run but I am not sure that helped very much.
Have fun...
Love ya!!

Tiffany said...

I have not potty trained two at a time so I am not sure my methods would work with twins (we will find out in a few years!) Yet with Turner when we were home I let him run around naked on the bottom and kept his potty near by. I had tried several other things but this worked the best- he was potty trained in a week. I am not one to remember to take someone to the potty every hour- it just created frustration on both our parts. Poo was a little harder so I let him choose out treats at the dollar store and he got them everytime he went poo. He didn't have poo accidents, he just held it so it made him want to go. Anyway, all I know is we tried several things but it wasn't until he was ready that it worked. Have fun!

Sally said...

I've heard people have good success with some method involving a doll. It think the method has a book? I can't remember the name of the book but I remember that you feed the child a WHOLE LOT of juice in the morning. Then you show them the doll and announce the doll is learning to go potty. In a bit the doll goes "potty" in the toilet and gets a treat. This is an example for the child who will very soon need to go (due to all the juice) and when they do they get a treat. Something like that. I've heard several people claim to potty train in one day this way. I haven't tried it myself, though. Good luck!

Emily said...

that's the name of the book how to potty train in one day--candy worked great for us and a big toy that came or went depending on the poop issue i that got taken away once. good luck-also running around naked for a couple days really worked well for us, because the underwear wasn't there to catch anything and he could feel it better i guess

Matt and Melody Odell said...

you can do it Jen, such a small price for an awesome reward in the end.

jackie e said...

My girl seemed to be easier than the boy. I've been potty training him for the past month and a half. He doesn't have accidents but I'm not completely confident that he won't wet at night. Someone once told me to not use pull-ups or diapers at all. I don't like waking up in the middle of the night to change wet sheets or bedding so I would put the diaper on over the panties/undies. When they went more than a week dry in the mornings I would give them a treat. I also had the cheapy dollar pottys from Ikea all over, one by the couch, in the kitchen, in our room, etc...just in case. Yeah, be prepared to stay home for a few days, and if you do go out and have to use a public toilet...be prepared for the automatic flush...freaks some kids out. Good Luck.