Tuesday, December 18

The Foolish Man built his house...


on the sand, but we built ours on plastic with icing and gingerbread. Tyson and I were in charge of FHE the other night. Tyson had a great lesson about how to keep a happy home, and then we built gingerbread houses. We had 4 teams, and our friend, Jason gave each of them an award. Here are the houses and the corresponding awards.

Jen and Tyson's House
AWARD: Most ADA Accessible House
(Our inspiration was the gingerbread boy without a leg, so we built him crutches and a wheelchair.) If you look close you can see his cast, his crutches and the wheelchair.

Lisa and Jason's House
AWARD: Best Skylight (I think)...
Their house kept coming apart at the top.

Jackie and Craig
AWARD: Best Garage Door
The side of their house kept sliding inwards.

Mackenzie and Brooke
AWARD: Survived an earthquake award
I don't know what happened to theirs, but it saw better days in its packaging. :) Good job girls!

7 love notes:

Jenny said...

oh fun! we missed out on the gingerbread houses this year. i like how everyone got awards. the skylight award was the funniest i thought. good idea for FHE! and tyson i hope you had a good bday!

Brianna and Tyson Smith said...

Oh my goodness those are so cute. Mackenzie and Brooke- remember Barbra Jean on Reba "Earthquake!" That's awesome~ Good FHE idea Tyson and Jen. Look how much hair Berkleigh has-wow. Can't wait to see you guys! T-minus 3 days :)

ecuakim said...

LOVE IT. Of course, who wouldn't love gingerbread houses? My mom wouldn't ever let us eat ours though. Such a waste.

Jenny said...

i tried your taco star recipe out tonight. it was good and easy and a nice presentation!

Amy said...

OH, I love doing gingerbread houses! Looks like you guys built some winners!
Jen, we are still here (we leave Friday) We have been super sick too! I have been meaning to call you, and then I read that you guys were sick too! If you read this tonight, let me know what you are doing for lunch tomorrow- maybe we can meet a Mission Viejo mall or something! (I love that sandwich/salad place there!)

Jen said...

I am so impressed by the awards and how original they are! I wish y'all were here!

Anonymous said...

I love the gingerbread houses!!! Check out the tribute to you on my blog.

Yes, we are going to CA. We leave tomorrow. Well be in Sacramento on Saturday and then the bay area Sunday-Thursday. And then BACK in the bay area on Saturday, Jan. 5.

Are you still at Tyson's parents house? Let me know!