Monday, July 9

Raspberries!

I hope you aren't sick of hearing about all the fruit I have picked... 
Some garden vegetables and then cherries, because it is BERRY SEASON in OREGON!

So I will be picking and picking and picking fruit.
Who wouldn't when raspberries were 90 cents a pound!
I picked 17 lbs for a little over $15!

It is so relaxing to pick berries. Especially raspberries because you don't have to bend over like with strawberries. The kids run around the patch like they own it, eat berries until they can't stuff another one in their mouth and we come back with berries for the rest of the year!

(PS: I love instagram and not having to carry my camera around all the time.)

I washed and dried them. 
Flash froze most of them.

The squished ones I turned into raspberry freezer jam! My favorite!

 We ate lots of fresh ones, and saved two cups for these
raspberry lemon bars...

Raspberries made quite the mess of my kitchen, but they are frozen, eaten, jammed, and packed away.
My kitchen is clean, and I have berries for the next year to enjoy!

4 love notes:

Jon and Becky said...

I wanna move to Oregon and pick 17 pounds of berries. Will you pay off our mortgage for us?

sherylblog1 said...

I am so jealous of your berries!! Those look delish. Also, I don't think we need a tooth or foot excuse to meet up in Hawaii...lets just do it one of these days (okay maybe a couple of years when we can manage to get out of some of this debt) :)

RaeAnn said...

Wow the raspberries look fabulous!!! They even match your kitchen!!!

Kristy said...

That is a ton of raspberries! I want one of those raspberry lemon bars. I'm salivating.