Sunday, May 27

sister wives

Tyson went to Chicago a month ago. I was bored at home by myself, so I watched Sister Wives on Netflix. 
I realized that the reason I loved HB, besides the beach being less than a mile away, the sun shining all day every day, the weather absolutely ga-gorgeous, and family being really close, I LOVED where we lived.
We lived in an apartment, where all of my neighbors were (mostly) mormon and in our ward.
I would run in the morning (by myself) while my neighbor would watch my kids, and then I would watch hers while she ran.
Tyson and I would have date night next door with our friends and never spent money except to rent a movie or buy stuff for root beer floats... but if we wanted to go out, we would ask our neighbors to "watch our monitor" while we were gone. It was like our kids were just in another room of their house we lived so close. 
We always had community dinners downstairs with all our neighbors. 

As I watched Sister Wives, I realized that I HAVE sister wives (without sharing the husband)...
I had my friends that lived so close to me that we could share food, fun, and time off from our kids.

So, moving to Salem was hard, because I left my sister wives, family, and the best weather ever.

Well, just yesterday, I found a package on my doorstep.
I got excited when I saw this...

I got really excited when I saw this...

I about peed my pants when I saw this...

And I passed out when I unwrapped all these...

And I cried when I read this...

Only my sister wives would know how LONG and how MUCH I have wanted these berry baskets.
Thanks SWs.
I love you guys!
It was a perfect surprise.

3 love notes:

Megan Bowen said...

Great now I cried too. The only thing to make it better would have been hand delivered. Happy Birthweek! :) It made it just in time. Phew!

Jenny said...

cute!!

Kristy said...

Aw, now I'm crying too! Friends come and go, but sisterwives are Forever! he he. I feel bad for real sisterwives because we are so fun! And we actually get to live in our own houses with our own husbands. Happy Birthday! We love you!!!