Monday, April 26

Things I love...

and can't get enough of...

I found this on some site. I loved it. I have wanted to do our little family tree, but I couldn't find one I loved. This is so unique. I loved it immediately and painted it as soon as I could! If you notice the rings on the tree.. there are 8! We are celebrating our 8th anniversary this summer! I love it.


Welcome to our room...

It is so whimsical.
I love to be in here now.
Remember that awesome doctor who gave me $150 to Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum? Well, this is how I spend some of that money. I have wanted this bed spread.. see this post for covetness.. for FOREVER! Then I was shopping one day and it was on sale! Not just any sale! 50% off! I snatched that right up. You can't really tell, but it is a seafoam color and is so beautiful!

The lights were a gift from Singapore for the other resident, and the tissue balls were from Merrick and Berkleigh's birthday party! I couldn't throw them away! My mom worked to hard on them. hehe.

I made the banner, which I think I will redo. I don't love it yet... but I LOVE our room!

See what I sleep on:
I made these pillowcases for us. One says, "Sleep tight love" and the other says "Goodnight love".


I love the twins imagination...
They were playing cars and wanted to drive on a mountain, so they put their car mat on top of the rocking horse and drove through the mountains.

From April 10

7 love notes:

Jenny said...

love the bedspread! and the pillowcases...cute!

you have some watercolor skills! the different leaf color layers are impressive.

RaeAnn said...

Your family tree is adorable and so are your pillow cases---ooohhhh, I just love it all!!!
Love ya!!!

Kristyn said...

Your room looks great! And the car rug idea is classic! Way to be guys!

After reading your post about the makeshift racecars, you should read this about juice box boats: http://inchmark.squarespace.com/inchmark/2009/8/9/juice-box-boats.html

Give it a try! I think it's the cutest idea ever, but we had the same success you guys did - fun to make, didn't really go anywhere. But I'm still glad we did it!

ecuakim said...

Oh I LOVE the family tree! What a brilliant idea! And I have to say, I miss having that color blue in my bedroom...maybe I'll bring it back; yours looks beautiful!

Sally said...

That family tree is truly awesome!

Susie Cozad said...

You are so talented Jen! That is adorable!

Holly Moore said...

Jen, I want to be your craft apprentice! I totally want to copy your family tree and hang paper pompoms in my bedroom! I might copy. I love the whimsical too, probably more than I should. (=