Thursday, February 28

Duh!!!


We went to our favorite park with my mom last night. The park has this cool "fake" lake with a fountain, and millions of Canadian geese. We were walking around the lake, pointing at every bird, and saying "Duck". We got down and let Berkleigh stand by them. She was pointing at them saying, "Wus ah?" Which we decided means "What's that?" I bet we (Mom, Tyson, and I) said "duck" about 5 million times. (I know most of you think I exaggerate...which I do, but seriously about 5 million times.) Then we were walking back to the car and a goose waddled passed our path, and Berkleigh pointed to it and said, "Duh!!!" She then proceeded to share her knowledge with everyone... "Duh, Duh Duh!!!" That might be her first word that she actually knew what she was saying!

You might be thinking, "It is a goose, not a duck", well we don't care she gave a word actual meaning... we will sort out her confused animals later.

8 love notes:

Tiffany said...

how fun! It will be so cool to watch both of them as their vocabulary explodes :)

Brianna and Tyson Smith said...

YAY! Berkleigh's first word that you can understand! WOw! Go B-Rae!

Emily said...

So cute!! It's amazing how things will pick up once they start talking, Delaney has just gone crazy with talking and it is so much fun!! I think I hate the train game because I always lose, they are such big nerds they play online. I'll email you about coming out there next month...maybe we can play train!! or go to some cute boutiques. By the way I just found out that our ten year is june 13-15 in austin!

Jenny said...

that is so cute, you'll have to take her back to heather farms soon!

Emily said...

Okay so this is random-but I was going though your list of blogs and I clicked on Jenny Sturgills and Jared was like hey I know her, I guess they grew up together. Anyway just random info-how do you know Jenny?

Amy said...

I bet you were so excited!! And seriously what baby says goose for their first word anyways- I think duck is much better!

Brianna and Tyson Smith said...

I saw a duck on my run and laughed! I thought of Berkleigh saying, "duh! duh! duh!" haha

Chelsea said...

Cute! I love that she is already saying duh! Like duh Mom I know how to say duck!