Wednesday, January 23

Dead Bodies as Art

Could Tyson be any happier. Bring all his loves together in one place!


Tyson has always wanted to go to BodyWorlds. It is this exhibit of dead bodies... well cadavers I guess I should call them. Anyways this biologist thought it would be great to show off the human body in all its glory in a very tasteful artistic way. It was amazing... and if you live in the Bay Area you should go before the Saturday when it ends! It was so incredible. They showed lungs of a healthy person, of a smoker, and of a coal miner. The lungs went from gray, to dark grayish black, to pitch black respectively. We couldn't take photos in the exhibit, but here we are outside of the museum. (Tyson was like a kid in a candy shop! He was informing me on every little thing, and running around super excited!) Yes, the twins went, and yes Berkleigh cried when she saw her first cadaver! They are a little scary! Can you blame her?


11 love notes:

Jenny said...

was there any doubt tyson would go crazy with excitement over this? i have to admit the skateboarding guy looks pretty cool but i am still too freaked out to actually go see the exhibit.

Chelsea said...

It does look cool, but I am too scared! I am feeling a bit grossed out. Is that a piece of flesh I can see hanging off the soccer guys foot? YUCK!!!

Jen said...

Wow Jen and Tyson, I am so jealous! Cadaver labs were my favorite at BYU. In fact, I have always contemplated donating my body to be cadaver. I totally wish I could have come with y'all. Jen

Emily said...

Jared and I went to see this in Houston after our cruise and I loved it!! It was amazing and this is coming from a girl who HATES blood, bodily functions of any kind!! If you guys can go and see this GO, it's not gross it's just AMAZING!! Jen I'm so glad you guys went,wasn't it incrediable!

Tiffany said...

You are such a supportive wife! I don't think I could have done that. Thanks for reminding me of the boiled egg incident! I totally forgot all about that. I swear I use to have a great memory before I got pregnant with Turner. I did start to feel a little bit of it coming back before I got knocked up again... your funny and I am glad you to remind me of the good ol' times :)

Jess said...

Ewe....I'm still...EWE! (I'm glad you guys had a great time though!)

Paul said...

We went to this when they had the exhibit in Phoenix this summer - it turned out to be WAY more interesting than I thought! I'm so glad you guys liked it!
Kristyn

The Polson Family said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. We really wanted to see this when it was in San Diego and we didn't get to. So sad. What fun it would be to go with Tyson, this is totally him.

Jon and Becky said...

We went to see that in Denver a year or two ago and it was the same for us...Sam screamed, Jon almost cried from excitement, and I walked around, intrigued, and grossed-out at the same time.
Oh, and I keep forgetting to comment on how beyond adorable the main picture of your blog is. The one with the kids in their heart day hats. Soo so cute!

The Henricksen Journal said...

I love your site! You 4 look great. It has been WAY TOO LONG since we have seen each other. I am not even sure you know who I am anymore. (Jason Henricksen's wife: Gail) send me your email and I will invite you to our blog. :) gail_jason@yahoo.com

Amy said...

I saw this a few years ago, and it was AWESOME!! It's so cool you guys got to go!!