Saturday, June 23

Our "Sweet Escape" to...

LOVE.ANGEL.MUSIC.BABY

I went with Mackenzie, Ashleigh, and Brooke to the Gwen Stefani concert tonight in Orange County. It was SO AWESOME! I have to say it was the best concert I have been too... and I sat on the 2nd row at a Garth Brooks concert!

We had the best time. Akon opened for Gwen and then Gwen came out and performed all her best songs on Sweet Escape and all the favorites on Love.Angel.Music.Baby. It was great!

The best was at the very end she sang Orange County Girl and everything went dark. All these people got up and left. I thought, "We aren't leaving until they turn the lights on..." We saw this trail of lights leaving the ampitheater, and we stayed in our seats. Then NO DOUBT came on. They played "I'm Just a Girl", "Spiderweb", and "It's My Life". It was a big surprise. She also said that her next album is a NO DOUBT album.

So all in all... June 22... a good day. Yea! Gwen is awesome.



9 love notes:

Jenny said...

that sounds so fun! i'm glad you guys had a good time.

ecuakim said...

How fun! Love the girl time!

Hey, did you see the new title to my fondue posting???

When are you coming, m' dear? I can't wait to see you guys!

love, kim

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun!! Gwen is very talented. I can't believe I went to see her and No Doubt in 1997!!!

Chelsea said...

That looks like it was an awesome concert! We miss you guys! Come home already! Oh and give those sweet little ones a kiss for me!
Love, chel

Anonymous said...

dude that concert was off the hook ;) seriously that was like the best ever, i'm so glad you came with us jen, i love you and your always so fun to be around. see you and tyson and the twins in two weeks!

Jenny said...

okay i have been pretty patient but i don't know if i can wait much longer for a new update. traveling is no excuse for letting your blog slide--keep your priorities straight!

Jon and Becky said...

Your babies are so cute! I know it's kinda late, but CONGRATULATIONS! It's been a long time since the Villa but you still look so cute, and after having TWINS! And by the way, I love the baby headbands. We have the opposite problem with our girls...they have their mommy's big ole' head and so headbands are always too small!

Chris said...

You have been gone so long and things were a little tight so we rented your apartment out to some people. Just let us know when you are coming back so we can have them out in time.

JS said...

Aug. 1st is the day... Do we get any of the monies?