Monday, October 3

More Halloween Fun

(So this post has been written for like 3 days... and I am tired. So I am posting it, but I don't know that it will happen everyday... We shall see. :) )

Yesterday was pretty rainy. The sun did come out for 45 minutes or so, and that was refreshing, but I have to admit, I haven't minded the rain so far. It feels cozy and fall-ish and I am loving it.

We did a craft I found on Pinterest.
We made these awesome skeletons out of Q-tips.
Super easy and the twins loved it.



Today, the sun came out! It was out for most of the day. I can't tell you how much I love it when it is around 60 degrees and sunny. It is beautiful!
We waited to do our Halloween fun so we could play outside and have a picnic with Dad!

Our Halloween fun today was reading Anno's Counting Book.

If you haven't read it to your kids it is hours of entertainment. Each page has a number, and if you look closely in the picture there is that number of everything. On the 7 page, there are 7 adults, 7 kids, 7 train cars, 7 houses with 7 windows, 7 sheets hanging on a drying line, 7 sheep, 7 trees... but you have to find them, because they aren't all next to each other... anyways,
You get the picture.




Anyways, we read the book, and then made our own counting books with a Halloween theme...
They turned out super cute!


Merrick's Counting Book of Ghosts, pg 2




Berkleigh's Halloween Counting Book of witches, pg 3

4 love notes:

Kristina said...

This is darling. I am Jenny Heyman's cousin and love checking out the cute activities you do with your twins from time to time. Can I post this idea on the Facebook page for my kid's blog?- it is called Toddler Approved... but has crafts/activities for kids ages 0-5 or so? I love the way you used Anno's Counting Book and tweaked it for Halloween.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toddler-Approved/179029702145360

The Ward Family said...

What a fun day! I might just have to steal these ideas...those skeletons are especially adorable!!

Laura said...

i love the skeleton craft. i have been looking for some easy halloween crafts to do, i think we will do this one!

RaeAnn said...

I saw those cute skeletons on Pinterest too...but M and Bs are much cuter...it must be the fingers they added!!!
Love you!!!