Saturday, October 2

OCTOBER!

October is one of my VERY favorite months! I have found so many fun things to do, to make, to read... I just can't wait to get this month started.

We celebrated the start of October with some chalkboard pumpkins.

Like 2 years ago, I was blogstalking a friends cousins blog (got that?) and she had chalkboard painted pumpkins with her daughter. They were SOO cute. I put the idea away in my little idea blog and forgot about it... last year, I remembered AFTER Halloween.

This year I remembered and it was the first thing we did!



My first time with chalkboard paint. You have to paint, wait, paint, and then wait for a couple days. I didn't want to do that, so it peeled, but I decided to do it again right!

Happy October!

5 love notes:

jon said...

I think the really great part will be when the pumpkin has rotted enough that a kid wiill press on it with the chalk and pop it like mold balloon.

Erika said...

AWESOME!
So excited to do this! I've got chalkboard spray paint...do you think that will work?

Emily C said...

So cool! I hope I can remember this in a few years

Chelsea said...

What a great idea.. Im having a blog catch up day- I've missed my friend Jen, and all your cute ideas! XOXOX

Sandy Toes and Popsicles said...

Ha ha.....we just did the same thing friday! of course your photos are WAY cuter!