Tuesday, August 17

Circus Ship and Stephanie's Ponytail

Ok...ok so I am almost caught up! I just need to post our week at Lake Powell. I just don't want to look through all those pictures and decide which ones to post...

Anyways, this is what we are doing this week...

So we have tried to have a lot of fun without leaving our house.

On Monday we read another Chris Van Dusen book and then painted circus
animals out of our handprints.




Tuesday was a special day. We have some dear friends who have a daughter, Cami, who was just diagnosed with leukemia. We love this family and have had so many fun times with them.
I have had an ongoing project for Cami, but it is finally done.

We colored Cami pictures, and sent of her presents in the mail.

If you would love to be totally inspired by this amazing family, go read Kisses for Cami.
Carvers, we love you guys! You should get some love in the mail in the next couple of days!


We read Stephanie's Ponytail on Tuesday. It is a funny book about a little girl who outsmarts her entire school. It seemed to fit nicely with our activity today.


Wednesday we read
(Thanks Melinda!)
and went to our Ward Corn Roast. The best night ever. We cart water from the ocean in these big bins and boil the corn. It is so tasty!
Of course I forgot my camera so here is one from last year's corn roast.
Oh, and the bonus: My mom was there and Tyson was there! Finally our third corn roast and he was actually not on call!

5 love notes:

Amy said...

Stephanie's ponytail was one of my FAVS when I was a kid!! Oh and our corn roast is his Sat, can't wait! YUM!

Kristyn said...

OH. MY. Merrick's face is PERFECT!

I miss the corn roast!! Ah. That was the best part of summer!

Ashley said...

Hi Jen- my name is Ashley and I am a mommy in Mesa Arizona to a 1 year old baby girl. I enjoy reading your blog, but I can't even remember how I stumbled on it! Anyway, I love all the fun activities you do with your kiddos and you inspire me to come up with fun art projects. And I am super jealous of where you guys live- I bet it's so fun to take your kids to the beach anytime you like.

I decided to comment because I was wondering if you could tell me how to do 2 things on blogger. #1 how to post three pictures like you do side by side. #2 how to make your pictures so large. So if you have a second would you email me at ashmw79@hotmail.com?? Thanks so much!

Chelsea said...

Jen! Thank you SO much for the cute CUTE headbands for Cam. They are adorable, and the crochet one is her favorite of ALL that she has gotten. She LOVES the three strands (they make her feel pretty) and she says its the softest of them all. I cant thank you enough. You guys are way too good to us. We love you and miss you all! (hugs) -the Carvers

PS- I too am curious as to how you do your large photos and the side by side ones. Please share! XOXOX

tiff said...

I love the hand print animals!

Say hi to you mom and dad for me, if they are still there. I love your family.