Thursday, May 6

in the fields

We went to Carlsbad today to pick strawberries with some friends.
It was one of my favorite things I have done in Southern California!
Really... so fun.

You pay for a bucket and get to work. It is more expensive than getting strawberries at the store, but there is an experience, AND the kids ate so many that they just picked off the plants. We probably ate double what we took home... and that is saying something.







See, there is a super full belly on Berkleigh! That just shows how many strawberries she consumed.


I will be going back in June if anyone wants to come!!!

8 love notes:

Taylors said...

now that would be a fun little trip!! I'm amazed your kids dont have strawberry juice all over their shirts. I guess my kids are just messy

Emily C said...

love that first pic of them holding hands and bucket. so cute. it was a ton a fun. but i couldnt help but think for the rest of the day how i felt kinda ripped off for paying $15 for abucket of strawberries. i need to just get over it and justify part of the cost as an "admission fee". hahaha

i've eaten so many strawberries i think imight be sick! i made shortcakes last night and fruit dip today.

RaeAnn said...

Berkleigh looks like she has one special strawberry in her hands!!!
So cute!! We will be going to pick blueberries in June. Fun but really hot!!!
Love ya!!

Laura said...

we just did this too! although not in carlsbad...i am just waiting to get my pictures from friends to post up, since i couldn't pick strawberries, hold my baby AND take pictures myself. and i agree, it was a lot of fun, and we ate a lot too.

Sheryl said...

There's nothing like picking your own fruit. Also, look at those cute strawberry smiles!

Erin and Daryl said...

What an awesome event! I know they do something like that here in Utah. Its nice to buy cheaper fruites, especially strawberries. They are so good for you. I love that your kids eat that stuff! Keep up the good work Scott family:)

KelBelle said...

Jen, you are an amazing photographer! Plus, I bet it's easier when your "subjects" (aka kids) are beautiful to begin with!

Emily C said...

p.s. i hope you dont mind i'm borrowing 2 of your pics for my blog. yours came out so good.