Saturday, March 10

Miss Q

Has the most beautiful blue eyes...
I hope she keeps them.
She has very fair skin, more so than Merrick and Berkleigh did as babies, and her hair has a lot of red in it. Her eyes are WAY more blue than Berkleigh's were before they changed, and Merrick's were never blue...
Do I dare say we may have a strawberry blonde, blue eyed child on our hands?
Only time will tell...

She is such a stubborn little one. When she cries, she wants you to know she is sad/mad/hungry...
Sleep training has started. We started with naps, and that is down perfect. When we aren't running errands (the downside of being the third child), she takes 3-4 hour naps, and has two mighty great ones...

Now we are onto nighttime sleep training. The wee one goes down like a gem, but around 4 in the morning she decided to wake up. I KNOW she isn't hungry, so Tyson and I let her cry... and cry... and cry... and then 2 hours later she finally fell asleep. Now, I think 2 hours is a little harsh, and a LONG time to let a baby cry, but she wasn't crying that whole time. She would stop and be quiet for a good 10 minutes, and then start crying again, and she did that for at least an hour. I just kept thinking she had fallen back asleep when she would start whimpering again...

She is stubborn. I hope tonight goes better.
She is the most snuggly baby ever though!
It take a lot in me not to go in there and snuggle her until she falls back to sleep, but then I think about how I don't want to do that until she is 4, and then I get a backbone, and let her learn to soothe herself.

She is loving tummy time until she rolls over... then she is frustrated she can't look at her toys. Merrick is great at getting them out for her, and trying to get her to play with them.



 I can't wait for more hair to grow. She kinda looks like Dopey right now.

Well, everyone is asleep over here, and so I will read.
Matched is calling me... so is Downton Abbey, but I have already competed the two seasons twice, soooo I think I shall read instead. :)

2 love notes:

Laura said...

Lyla's eyes are still so blue and it is freaking me out! Good job with the sleep training! It's not easy. And I feel you with the third kid..my other 2 never had to have sonny naps on the go or get woken up.

Kristy said...

I laughed so hard when you said she looks like Dopey. I think Deacon looks like Dopey right now and I remember when Graham did (although I think Graham still does a little sometimes). She is so cute!