Sunday, December 18

Dear Santa,

We started our Dear Santa Book. I have wanted to do this for a couple of years, and we finally got it started this year...

Every year, we will write our Santa letters in our Dear Santa Book. Elf takes it back to the North Pole after we have written our letters so Santa knows what we want. Then Elf brings it back with a letter back from Santa.

One year, my mom sent me some "Santa Letters" I had written when I was 10 yrs old. It was really fun to see what I wanted SO bad, and to see my handwriting and spelling. I had since lost those letters... well they aren't lost, they are just some where very special, and I thought it would be fun to have a place where we can record what we want every year, and it will in some way become a little family journal.

The kids wrote their Santa Letters the other day.
Obviously they needed help, but they did write them. :)
I can't wait to see how their interests and handwriting differs as they grow.

Berkleigh's says :
"Dear Santa,
I have been good.
I want princesses, Rapunzel and a stocking."

Merrick's says:
"Dear Santa,
I have been good.
I want a dinosaur, legos and truffles."

Quincy says:
"Dear Santa,
I have only been alive for 1 month, so of course I have been good! I want a toy to suck on in my upcoming developmental stage and clothes cause it is cold here!"


Really, I don't know where the truffles came from, but we do have refined taste here at our house. Santa will have to decide if Merrick meant the mushroom truffles or chocolate...
We will keep you updated.

(Ps. Merrick was demonstrating independence and did not want his picture taken. Ok kid.)

4 love notes:

RaeAnn said...

I love independence and truffles!!!
Love ya!!!

Jenny said...

Cute idea. The truffles are cracking me up. I don't think my kids even know what truffles are!

Kristy said...

I really love this idea and might be stealing it in the coming years! I think he definitely meant chocolate truffles. Delicious. Counting down the days until I see you all!

Sally said...

This year Lily started off her letter (one of them anyway), "Dear Santa, Thank you for all the presents you got me last year. I'm sorry I forgot what they were."