Wednesday, April 20

Egg Dyeing

Traditions are awesome, but I feel like everytime I blog in April it is about the same things... egg dyeing being one of them. Are we all bored here?

Well, some friends and I got together to have our kids dye eggs. We tried a new technique to spice up our life a bit.

Rubber cement.

This was the most fun I have had dyeing eggs in a LONG time. Please try it.

Drizzle rubber cement over your eggs.

Then dunk'em.

When they are ripe, take them out, let them dry, and then the possibilities are endless...
Like... peel of the rubber cement and dye the white parts another color, say what?

I know mind boggling right.

It was such a fun morning.

9 love notes:

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

Beautiful! And looks like beautiful weather too - wish we could dye eggs outside!

Rubber cement! What a nifty idea :)

I Am Rachele said...

I love this idea! I would never have thought to use rubber cement! Great idea.

Rachele @ Messy Kids

Jenny said...

i'm buying some tomorrow! great idea!

Anonymous said...

Do you have to let the rubber cement dry first? ...does it take long?

JS said...

I tried to wait until the glue dried, but with kids it took do long. We just tried drizzling the glue while the eggs were in the carton. I couldn't wait and dropped the eggs in without the rubber cement being dry. Still turned out!

Sally said...

I will try this! Great idea.

Tiffany said...

Awesome! Will have to add it to the egg dying things I will be trying this year! So fun!

garcias said...

I cried when I saw your post about moving to Oregon. I cried because I was jealous and want to live there, but mostly I cried because my chance of you moving close to me here is Texas is not possible! Congratulations. You know you only live 45 mins away from Andrew. The houses look great! Good luck

I Am Rachele said...

I loved this idea so much that I'm sharing it on my weekly posting, Do Something!