Tuesday, March 29

New York: Day One: MIDTOWN

Our plane left at 8:55 pm Tuesday night. We thought we were SOO smart to take a red eye because we could get a WHOLE day on Wednesday instead of wasting half of it flying.
I believe that was smart, but the plane arrived at JFK 1 hour EARLY. We had our bags and were hailing a taxi at 4:30 am. (That is 1:30 am California time!) Yikes.
(Kristi might hate me for this picture, but I definitely had to document how crazy we must have all looked with our earplugs and eye masks.)

It was snowing when we got there. Rained the rest of the day, and hailed that night.
We had decided to stay in Midtown, because we knew we would be tired, and we could get a nap in before our show that night, and we had to bag check our bags because we couldn't check into our hotel until 3pm.

First we walked around Time Square at 7 am.

We saw them filming Good Morning America on the street and broadcasting it live on the huge screens above.


It was so cold and wet, we went in any store that was open. There weren't very many open that early in the morning.

We went to Rockefeller Center, watched the ice skaters, went to 30 Rock, watched Kathy Lee Gifford film the Today Show, and went into the LARGEST Anthoropologie I have ever seen.

We took pictures by the Radio City Music Hall, went to the Museum of Modern Art, and went in St. Patrick's Cathedral.

I really liked St. Patrick's Cathedral.
I think I like the Gothic look in the midst of huge modern skyscrapers.

After our tourist excursions, we were super hungry and walked to Carnegie deli for some skyscraper sandwiches and the yummiest cheesecake around. Oh, and a bonus, some garlic pickles, which were not my favorite, but I love me some pickles!


Then we went to check into our hotel, unpacked, and took a 4 hour nap. We were exhausted!

After our nap, we headed to Mary Poppins in the New Amsterdam Theater!
I loved it the second time! It is my all time favorite!

Then we headed out at midnight to have some New York Style pizza.
And we ate, and talked, and were uninterrupted by kids. We sat there forever.
Awesome!

Tomorrow... Uptown.
Or maybe next week, I haven't been in a blogging mood!

2 love notes:

Emily C said...

way to get a jump start on the day! ;-)
your trip already looooooks soooooo fun!!! and you look really pretty and your hair looks pretty long.
that picture with yall and the umbrellas infront of mary poppins poster is so cute too!

i totally understand the not in blog mood!! so take your time! :-)

KelBelle said...

What the...what? Here I am blog browsing, expecting the usual play date pictures and such when I stumble upon THIS!! You lucky girls, you! Can't wait to see all the pics!