Saturday, January 29

Messes turns imagination

My kids make messes all day long. Sometimes it is rough.
"I/We just put that away, why are you getting it back out!" plays through my head many times...

But I was looking at those messes today, and I actually really love them because the kids are using their imaginations and creating such fun play.

Here are some of our messes this week...

They carted their table into their room for a little "restaurant play". They asked me for paper for menus and everything.

It looks like Berkleigh ordered the hamburger and french fries, and Merrick ordered shish kabobs and a banana.

Oh, and this is the table I made for them! (a year ago) I forgot I never posted about it, but we love it. I found the table at the dumpster, I painted it, and then I painted table settings on it. It was so fun to do! Then I just bought little parlor chairs at IKEA. Voilia!

On to other messes...
Merrick and Berkleigh set up the teepee and took their pillow pets, and elves inside to read books with the "children". Ha-larious and so cute! I love listening to them read to their animals.

And last but not least, Merrick laid his blanket down and then raced to get his dinosaurs for the "desert".
They also had a tasty nemo fish for a treat. Community meals... gotta love it!


2 love notes:

RaeAnn said...

Really cute Jen!! I love how all the dinosaurs are sharing their food...shouldn't some of them be eating each other!!?!!
Love ya!!!

Michele said...

Cute post and definitely something I need to remember more often about the messes... hey, we have a tepee too!