Monday, June 21

summer solstice

Summer is here! I tried to do something fun everyday with my kids last year. We had a blast.

Well this year they are a little older, and I wanted to do the same thing but with a twist. I can't do the same thing twice... so I thought about when I taught kindergarten. LOTS of days during the week, but especially Friday Fun Days, we would read a special book and do an activity that went along with it, or Interactive Literature. So I decided that is what we would do this summer.

We will read a book everyday, and do an activity that goes along with the book...

75 days, 75 books, 75 activities!

Today we read:




They did find old fishing boats, a tug boat, a barge, and this little motor boat, but not "Wise eyed boat".
They checked to make sure Ping wasn't hiding under the water...



The twins thought they found Ping from far away, I just went with it, because it was really a sea gull!

It was fun! Can't wait for tomorrow's book!

2 love notes:

Michelle said...

What a great idea for this summer! I'm excited to see what books and activities you do! Have fun!

ecuakim said...

Oh Jen! The Story About Ping was one of my very favorite childhood stories. I found it at Goodwill for Clark 4 or 5 months ago and he LOVES it! We like to go feed the ducks, but we don't have a wharf here in the desert. :(