Sunday, March 7

"Big Fat Whale"

That is what Berkleigh told Grandpa we were doing today. We went to Dana Point to see Big Fat Whales. These big fat whales are migrating back from Mexico where they mate, and you can take a peek at them all week in their natural habit, not on youtube killing Sea World trainers!

It was a little overcast, but it did not rain. It was perfect!









I was excited to bring my new umbrella just in case it rained...



I love this guy.






How funny is Merrick in this picture?




Merrick was in heaven. There were so many sticks and rocks around.


There was this awesome rock that was surrounded by water when the tide came in, so when the water was low, Brooke, Tyson and Merrick jump aboard. It proved to not be so great for Brooke who was soaked by a GINORMOUS wave. hehe


Tyson, the King of the Rock, finding all kinds of wildlife with Merrick, and a sad Merrick who wanted to stay on the pirate ship forever. (This pirate ship is the same ship Tyson went on in 5th grade...)

It was an awesome day! Anyone wanna go on a picnic with me this week to see the whales?

6 love notes:

Erika said...

Our backyard!!!
Call me if you come back! We'd love to meet up :-)

Jess said...

Did you see any? Awesome? Now THAT is a mary poppins umbrella. I love it, but what about your other umbrella? That one rocked too!

Jess said...

I meant to write 'Awesome!' Not 'awesome?' That makes it sound like I think whale watching is the most pointless activity... but I don't... AWESOME!!!!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

Really, at 2:30 am you did this post? I just don't even know what it is like to be awake at that hour. Did you get to see any whales? We would love to go sometime?

ecuakim said...

I haven't lived in California for like 20 years, but I will never forget how cool it was to see the whales off shore. Just indescribable. Oh man, and the umbrella ROCKS. Look out Mary Poppins!

mamaroosh said...

Me and the boys want to come see whales with you! and can we please do the Dr. Seuss thing too? Miss you tons! I think you are the most creative person I know. I love seeing what you do with M & B.