Thursday, February 4

Shadows and Crayons

Yesterday was my last day to teach preschool for 6 weeks! I love that! We learned all about shadows.

We read the book Shadow, by Marcia Brown.

We took a walk outside to find different shadows and to see what made it.

We explored shadows with different household items. They LOVED that.


We drew our own shadows on the ground outside, made them dance, and "realized" that they follow us EVERYWHERE!


We came inside and made silhouettes, or as the kids called them "head shadows".


After nap we did our Valentine's Countdown activity for the day! We made homemade heart crayons. What kid doesn't like to peel off the crayon paper and break the crayons!








We also shaved crayons, ironed them between wax paper, and made stained glass hearts to hang in our windows. (We had to many shavings, so you can't really see through it, but hey you win some, you lose some...)




All in all, a great busy day, just the way I like them!

5 love notes:

Taylors said...

I wish I had your energy and motivation. All very cute stuff!

Emily said...

how did you get your crayons to turn out so well mine just melted into a big brown gloob? your colors are all seperate and pretty any tips? what a fun day-oh we used too many shavings too! i ruined my ironing board cover though!

Jenny said...

i'm obsessed with the heart crayons! those look so fun!

Michelle said...

What cute ideas! They sound like they were a lot of fun! I love the heart crayons! We are going to Disneyland/California May 3-8! That would be great to meet up!!! I'll find out the details and let you know. Enjoy your 6 weeks off!

Chelsea said...

I love the heart crayon idea! You are amazing Jen! Cant wait to see you tomorrow :)