Monday, February 1

the artist and the pee-er

During preschool this morning we made birthday cards for one of the kids in our group. Merrick kept saying, "Mom, look I draw a rocket and a frog!" I was like, "Yea, yea..." it is always scribbles, and they tell me it is something the picture looks nothing like. :)

He was being persistant, so I look over and this is what I see...

Rocket

frog


Ok, so you drew a rocket and a frog! That is amazing! I snatched up the card, and gave Merrick another to draw on. Sorry Saxon, you don't get that card. We are keeping it for his keepsakes. (Notice I didn't say scrapbook... yea right, like that will EVER get done.)

On to the "pee-er". We went to Cafe Rio with some friends to enjoy some free meals and drinks! (Always yum!) Berkleigh got up from her chair, and said, "Mom, I need to go toilet."
Everyone looked at each other.
It was like time stood still for a minute. (dramatic, I know)

Then Tyson said, "Jen, she needs to go to the bathroom." At which time, I came to and jumped up, and took her to the bathroom.

Why did she decide she needed to practice for the first time at a restaurant?
I will never know.

But she did, and we went with it.

(Sorry no pictures of that experience.)

4 love notes:

RaeAnn said...

Yea!!!! Hurray!!!! How exciting!!!!
Two great feats all in one day!!! Merrick's drawings are super cute!!!
Love ya!!

Jenny said...

wow i am super impressed with that drawing! and it sounds like berkleigh will be the type to potty train herself which will be awesome for you. jealous you got free cafe rio :)

Rachel said...

Jen, I think you are SUPERMOM! I especially loved reading about your snow experience since we are constantly surrounded by it. Feel free to come visit us in snowy Minnesota. PS-I loved your valentine cards!

Shari said...

I love the pictures, they're so great. That's so awesome that Berkleigh initiated going to the bathroom on her own.