Wednesday, January 2

New Years Eve or "Noon" Years Eve


We went with our friends, the Petersens, to "Noon Years Eve" at an Air Museum here in the Bay Area. It was a New Years Eve party for little kids, counting down till noon instead of midnight when most of them will be dreaming sweet dreams without care. They dropped balloons, had food, played with noise makers, and toasted the new year with sparkling apple cider. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Petersens for a fun outing!



Merrick's buddy Tallon.
Merrick did not like the "noon" years eve noise.

My family has the tradition to eat Chinese food on New Years. My mom makes it from scratch, and we dine like kings all night long! Well, I didn't feel like making anything from scratch so we went to Panda Express with the Petersens, and then we went to their house, played the Wii and had chocolate fondue! What a perfect way to bring in the new year!

12 love notes:

Jenny said...

what a good idea for the little kids...or people like me that didn't quite make it to midnight

Shari said...

Hi Jen,

This is your cousin, Shari. Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me. It's fun to read about your family and see your adorable babies. I love that your twins and James are so close in age. Just a few weeks, right? (James was born Jan. 23.) Well, the big "1" is coming up for all of them. It's exciting but sad all at the same time. Do you have anything fun planned for Merrick's and Berkleigh's B-day?

Happy New Year. Your beautiful, Jen. Talk to you later.

Love, Shari

Dave said...

Jen and TY TY!!!

Sorry we missed you guys down here in December. Caitlin and I got sick and really just kinda fell in love with coughing and spending large amounts of the day in our bed. Sounds more romantic than it is.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We linked you on our blog. Link us!! daveandcaitlin@blogspot.com

miss you guys

Amy said...

Oh how fun!! That's a great idea for all the little kids! My kids tried to make it to midnight, but no luck! I love that picture of Merrik afraid of the noise- poor little guy!

Aubrey said...

Hey Jen. I was so glad to see you on facebook. I don't know if you remember me... Aubrey (and Cory) Cooper from the BYU 85th ward back in the day. I just wanted to say your babies are so cute! You have such an adorable family! Its so fun to see where you guys are at in your lives.

Aubrey said...

jen, i met it was good to find your blog site. oops! :)

Tyler said...

looks like fun. sorry we didn't get back to you before you had come and gone. life is crazy for a new doctor with a baby(as you will soon find out if you havent already)dont stop letting us know when you will be down here and we will get together soon

hairyshoefairy said...

It's so fun to hear from you! I'm glad you found me. What cute kiddlets you have there! Aww!

Also, I'm incredibly jealous you went to Wicked. I'm dying to see it.

Jenny said...

yeah we got back tuesday night but we have all been sick so hopefully this weekend we will be ready to party

Chelsea said...

Im glad you guys had a fun New Years! We all need to get together now that everyone is home again! YAY!!!

Jenny said...

I agree--what a great idea to do a noon time celebration! You guys look fabulous!!! Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were amazing!

Laura said...

hey tyson and jen! I saw your link on Dave's! your kids are so stinkin cute! Happy new year to you guys!