Tuesday, October 30

Baby Boom!!

I have some reminiscing to do...
I remember the day vividly... we were having our friends over for BBQ, a game a Settlers, and then we would watch the fireworks on the 4th of July. They had just moved into the ward. Before they came over, Tyson and I had found out we were pregnant, and went to Barnes and Nobles to find some books. (We were a little excited!) Well our friends came over, and turns out they were pregnant too. It was funny though, because we didn't tell each other until a couple weeks later. We were sitting in church (totally paying attention) and Chris said to Tyson, "Jenny is pregnant!" and Tyson said, "So is Jen!" It was a funny moment, and it was also really fun to go through my pregnancy with someone else.

We always had conversations like, "Uh, I have major eye boogers, do you?" and we did fun things like go out to eat the prego pizza that is supposed to put you in labor. We had fun!

Well, we weren't the only ones in our church that decided having babies was the fad in 2007. Jenny and I were the trend setters, and many followed. Our bishop (leader of our church) thought it would be fun to take a picture of the babies born in 2007 in our church. There were 12 babies born and 11 mothers! I think that is pretty incredible. Not really for mormons, they always have lots of babies, but for Northern California I think that it a ton.

Here are the pictures we took on Sunday with our bishop. Aren't they darling!

13 love notes:

Emily said...

They are so cute! Don't you love getting them all dressed up for church! I have learned though not to get them dress until I'm ready to walk out the door and even then sometimes I wait until I get to church to put his shirt on!! I think there were only three babies in our ward this year!

The Flying V said...

hahaha. i know this sounds super bad... but the first thing i noticed in te picture is the position that berkleigh's hand is in. dude right on that kid.haha and his face prooves it- he's all sketched. but besides that all the kids are adorable. especially merrick and berkleigh!!
-kenz

Chelsea said...

Flying V- Your comment is cracking me up! They all look so sweet, and then you look at Berkleigh... anyways thanks for the laugh!

Jen- this is such a cute picture and a great idea!

Jon and Becky said...

Ah that is too cute! And I love your Halloween costumes. Very very good.
It must have been spa weekend. My sister (in Cali as well) was at the spa and my other sister and I went and got pedicures too...well...we were going to go get pedicures, but then decided to use the money and get some new clothes instead, but it's the thought, right?

Stacey said...

that's hillarious! Wow, we mormons sure now how to procreate :0) All those kids are so cute! Looks like you must have a lot of young couples in your ward. how fun!

Ashleigh said...

Kenz,
That is the first thing I saw too. I thought it was so funny put didn't know if anyone else saw it.
I also love the girl next to Berkleigh, her crying face is so cute.

Megan said...

Hilarious! Berkleigh and Merrick look so well adjusted. I love the idea of so many babies and so many pregnant mommies! I guess the Relief Society was busy making casserols this year, eh?

p.s. Go B-Ray! Don't let anyone upstage you. J/K.

p.p.s I laughed so hard at the little girl in pink. Her face is so cute. I love how there is a set of keys in her lap. Totally something I would do..throw my keys to my kid hoping that would entertain them enough for me to get a cute picture. Ha!

Brianna and Tyson Smith said...

I didn't notice the keys- good eye Megan, that's hilarious! Ok So I thought I was going to be the only one that noticed berkleigh...watch the hands garson...("Miss Congeniality") He he

Jenny said...

okay i saw this picture from nancy yesterday and noticed berkleigh's hand too. i totally meant to show chris last night and forgot.very funny- you better watch out for that girl!

ecuakim said...

Okay, this is hysterical...You said there were 12 babies and 11 mothers, and I was like, whoa! Some lady in their ward probably had her babies like 9 months apart or something totally ridiculous like that! Then it dawned on me... duh Kim, you dork--JEN HAS TWO BABIES! THE TWINS! So, yeah, I thought you'd enjoy that.

Kristyn said...

Jen. love the picture. Great idea! And I haven't that many babies together since my Provo ward!! Hey, can you teach me how you did your background? I'm having problems.

Kristyn said...

I love that we're both sitting on our computers checking our blogs at the same time! It's nap time for me, you too? :) My email is thackattack@cox.net Thanks Jen!!

Russell and Jillian said...

That is priceless! I cannot believe you got all those kids to sit still for the picture. Way to go!