Saturday, May 22

"the first anniversary of my 29th birthday"

That is what my friends dad said when I told him I just turned 30. I thought it was funny.
I am not sad, scared, or distraught to be thirty.

I have a handsome husband and two beautiful children.
I am on the right path for a thirty year old...

Here is how my birthday week went...

On my birthday eve, my friends and I had a project night to get together to make some pillows.
Here is how mine turned out:


But when I got there, it had turned into "Jen's Thirty-Flirty and Thriving" birthday bash. What a surprise! I have some serious nice friends.


They made me this amazing crown out of felt (my fav fabric) and we had pizookies, soda, and made our pillows!

My actual birthday I spent being woken up by these little rascals


having a birthday breakfast made by my cute little family

opening presents (I don't have a picture, but I got an awesome ruffly apron, a vintage looking cardi, 2 really cool cricut cartidges, 4 anthro shirts, a pair of jean shorts, an awesome headband, and a dress...

walking along the beach with girls in my ward


having a Jamba Juice


buying these amazing chairs with my friend Kristy, so we can laze around while our kids run around in our "front yard"

and I enjoyed many phone calls, text messages, facebook posts etc. I felt loved.

Then Tyson got called in... (duh duh duuuuu) and I did not see him until... midnight. I wasn't even awake when he came home.
Yes, I was alone on my birthday from like 5 until midnight. Did I just admit that?

Now, it wasn't Tyson's fault... just super unfortunate, but the doctor that kept Tyson so late, gave me a $100 gift certificate to spend for being an "understanding wife". I like this guy!

Last night, our neighbors watched the kids, and we took off for dinner.

They enjoyed watching The Rescuers and eating Mac n Cheese:

And Tyson and I enjoyed dinner and walking around "kidless" at the Spectrum and buying more stuff with my gift card!

All in all, it was a good week!

2 love notes:

Jenny said...

is that the same dr. that gave you the other gift card? he is amazing! that is pretty unfortunate tyson had to go work on your bday night though. i'd be pretty bummed.

sounds like you got some great stuff though and you have some great friends out there! fun to see taylor show up in your pictures.

happy birthday again!! i love the thirty, flirty, and thriving theme. perfect!

Autumn said...

I loved turning 30! Matter of fact in my 30's I surf more, travel more, play more, they rock! Happy late Birthday!