Thursday, April 22

...lots and lots and...

Last summer we bought a butterfly garden. The caterpillars came and ALL of them were DEAD except for one. It was fun to watch that one grow, but I was ticked because I wanted all 5 like they guarantee. So, I emailed them, and they sent me a voucher for more. What a great thing to do during Earth Week!

It was fascinating this time. We really watched them.

In this first picture, the caterpillars are hanging upside down. Then they convulsed, (It looked painful!) and all this goop came out of them and covered them until they looked like picture number 2.


We have had these 5 caterpillars for about 2 weeks. They were about the length of a dime, and grew to be the length of at least two quarters.


It was time to get them out of the jar and into the butterfly garden. They will "hatch" soon! We are excited to have 5 beautiful butterflies!

1 love notes:

Tiffany said...

We did that for preschool- it was so much fun. When we let them go one of them stayed in Turner's finger for several minutes! I was so sad I hadn't brought my camera out!

I am also excited about having a boy and a girl. It is what I wanted- maybe it is what I wanted because it is what I was getting but I really feel pretty lucky. I am hoping I feel the same way you do about wanting more twins after the pregnancy is over. It is just too bad I have had singles and know how much harder this is!