Saturday, March 20

Give a Day

I was on a walk the other day with my friends Amber and Kristy. Amber was telling us about how she did the Give a Day get a Disney Day Service Project. (If you do service you get in free for a day.)
I thought I couldn't do it, cause the day couldn't be put towards renewing a pass if you already had a pass... but Amber is SO smart. :) She found the loop hole. She let her pass expire. Did the Disney Service. Will get a new annual pass when she gets her voucher. BRILLANT!

So Kristy and I signed up! We must have been some of the last people to sign up because they just reached their million volunteer mark and stopped the program. My MIL watched the twins, and we jumped in the car and drove to Orange to work at a preschool for 4 hours.

They had us clean the furniture and draw things for them. How easy is that! We felt good about ourselves and we each get $70 towards our new annual passes... ahh!

Thanks Amber for the brillant plan, thanks Jackie for watching the kidlets, thanks Kristy for coming with me, and thanks to Disney for fun weekday activities. :)







4 love notes:

Laura said...

wow, i didn't know they already reached their 1 million mark. i made some fleece blankets and got my vouchers last month. so i will be getting an annual pass for the first time. hurray!

beanpole4 said...

Jen, i don't know if you remember me but we were in the same ward at the villa. i was the relief society president at one point and autie was in my relief society. i check out her blog all the time and a year or so ago noticed you and have been tracking you for the last year. can't believe how cute your twins are. and you look fabulous. anyways, i was wondering if you would send me the link to your blog so i can keep track of you and tyson. i think you guys are amazing. my email is beanpole4@hotmail.com. hope to hear from you soon. jen cunningham

Kristyn said...

What? They reached their cap? I didn't even know they had a cap. I'm so bummed. Welp, so much for any hopes of getting another pass!

Sheryl said...

I thought about doing that--but the service ops near us were over before I heard about it. YAY for you.

btw--if only our kids could come stay with you after the babe gets here. They would love it--especially the sunshine, beach, disneyland, and your fun ideas Jen. One of these days we'll get together for a play date for our kids and for us :)