Sunday, August 31

Randomness

Let me start off this story by saying

... I NEVER BUY STUFF AT DISNEYLAND... 
except this once.
We went to Disneyland the other day, and I we happened upon this toy store selling Mr. Potato Head parts. What you do, is grab a box, fill it with a potato head, and all the parts you can fit in and still close the box. One box is $18.

Well... I have three potato heads at home, so I didn't need to waste space by putting in a potato. So my friend Lisa and I filled our boxes TO THE BRIM with the coolest potato head accessories!  
Disclaimer: If I didn't have a potato head, I would not this would be worth it! $18 for a potato head and four accessories is a waste of money, but a whole box of disney accessories! Priceless.

Here is my box:

Here are the piece outside of the box:

Here are a couple of my favorite Potato head creations:
Tinkerbell

Donald Duck

We also got parts to make Minnie Mouse and Buzz Lightyear.

The twins love them, and secretly so do I. I will admit sometimes I play with them when the twins are asleep.

12 love notes:

Chelsea said...

amazing! I LOVE the Tinkerbell one! I think it was a great deal!

Jenny said...

cute! well worth the $ for a toy the whole family can enjoy.

Amy said...

too freaking cute!! did you get that in the Toy Story Mania store?? I need to get a box of stuff now!! Hey we need to get together this week to finish up our project. What day works for you? My kids go back to school on Tuesday!! Let me know; maybe you can come to my house, and we can go to the water here!

Emily said...

those are pretty cool!! you got a lot of stuff for the money, and it is somethinjg everyone can play with!!

tiff said...

Hahaha. Awesome. One year the boys got some Christmas presents from grandparents that I was not about to keep, and when I returned them to Toys R Us, they had all these cool Strawberry Shortcake toys....

I grew up with Strawberry, but never had any of the dolls, so I bought myself a toy with the money. Strawberry with a little house and a bunch of accessories. I love it. Who says kids grow up?

Katelyn said...

jen- those are awesome! i might have to send you money fill up a bucket for us sometime! :) we love potato head too! Your lil guys are too cute! ~katelyn

RaeAnn said...

SOOOOOO cute Jen!!! I love them!!!
I should have gotten myself some!!
I will just have to come back to play!!

ecuakim said...

LOL. You are hilarious. Love it.

Jess said...

I must admit, we ended up tossing our potato head after a few months. Tal lost 75% of the 4 accessories within weeks of the purchase.
Yours look like fun though, hope it last a LONG time!
Oh and I'm jealous that you went to Disneyland again.

Alix Hart said...

I didn't know such fun accessories existed. Have to keep that in mind next time we do a Disney trip.

April said...

Those are adorable! I love that you play with their toys after they go to bed.

The Flying V said...

jen you are so great! :) i love that you design with the trinckets when the kids are asleep. you make me laugh. i miss you. i'm so glad you up date on the blog so i can feel close to you and your family. thanks
-kenz